Welcome to the Body Image Online Training for Professionals, with Harriet Frew. This online course is specifically designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively address your client's body image concerns in your professional practice. It is ideal for counsellors, therapists, personal trainers, nutritionists, dietitians and anyone else working in mental health.
The course is made up of presentations, accompanying lecture notes and reflective exercises. The goal is to provide you with practical strategies and evidence-based approaches to better understand and support individuals struggling with body image issues.
On this training, you will learn about body image and how this develops. Harriet will then take you through specific skills and techniques, which can be used to support your clients to improve body image and self-esteem.
This training will give you: -
- An understanding about what we mean by body image and how this develops.
- Specific skills and strategies, which can be used to engage clients in improving body image. This includes: 'feeling fat' concept, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, self-compassion, body neutrality, weighing, mirrors, social media, comparisons, self-care, exposure work and more.
- Detailed and comprehensive training manual and all accompanying PowerPoints and lecture notes, as ongoing reference tool.
- Confidence to engage with clients, with these issues.
- Certificate of completion.
Harriet is an Integrative Counsellor, utilising skills predominantly from Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. She also draws on other tools that are particularly helpful in working with this client group and sees the client relationship as paramount for healing.
Harriet also runs this training on Zoom to groups of professionals several times a year. The next training dates can be found HERE.
She also runs an Eating Disorders Training Day for Professionals. You can access HERE.
Harriet can also tailor training to meet the needs of your organisation. Please contact her directly for more information about this.
Please visit www.theeatingdisordertherapist.co.uk for more information.